You have exceeded your shopping time limit and your shopping cart has been emptied.
Volunteer Reston is a network of community members who come together to complete various projects to improve our surroundings and bring the Reston community together.
Our mission is to enhance Reston Association’s services and programs by matching the varied talents of individuals and groups of all ages, interests and skills to a variety of engaging projects and endeavors.
Volunteers play a critical role in helping Reston grow. Whether you are hoping to meet new people, spend time with friends, learn new skills, make a positive impact in your community or complete school service hours, Volunteer Reston has something for everyone. Regardless of the motive, Reston Association volunteers all have one thing in common – they are all helping to make Reston a better place to live, work and play.
We invite you to become a vital member of the Volunteer Reston team. You can join our team by completing a one-time volunteer application in Volgistics and pre-register yourself for a volunteer workday in VicNet.
Step 1: New volunteers – Complete a one-time application
• Adult/Group Volunteer Application
• Volunteer Minor Application - Parent must consent with their e-mail address
• Corporate Volunteer Application
• Committee Application
After you submit your application, you will receive an email from Reston Association to go into VicNet to set up your volunteer account.
Step 2: Create Your VicNet Account
Go to http://bit.ly/VRVicNet, click on the “need a password” link.
• Enter your e-mail address (the email you submitted on your volunteer application) and click the "Go" button.
• Follow the prompts on the screen to create your password. (Check junk/spam folder if you don’t receive an email.)
Step 3: Existing or returning volunteers – Sign up for a volunteer shift in VicNet
Log in and schedule yourself in VicNet: http://bit.ly/VRVicNet
• Once you are logged into VicNet, click on the “My Schedule” tab.
• In the blue box, use the dropdown menu to select any assignment(s) that you want to review or where you want to volunteer.
• Scroll down to see the calendar, which will display “Help Wanted” icons for opportunities where volunteers are needed.
• Click “Schedule Me” for the shift for which you would like to volunteer.
• Click “Yes” to confirm your shift.
• Click “Continue” to go back to the monthly calendar or click “Exit” to log off your account.
• Bookmark or save VicNet on your desktop or mobile device.
• Visit often as we frequently update our assignments.
Questions about Volgistics or VicNet? Contact Ha Brock, Volunteer Reston Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-435-7986.
Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest information and to see our volunteers in action.
Shorter-term volunteer opportunities include helping at special events, participating in clean-up projects at one of Reston's lakes or along the pathways, tending an information booth or assisting at an activity station at one of the community festivals held each year. The volunteer opportunities available are almost as diverse and as exciting as our volunteers themselves.
Ongoing opportunities at RA include the Board of Directors, Design Review Board, Covenants Committee and advisory committees. Our advisory committees assist the Board with long-range planning and some special projects. Committees typically meet monthly at the Reston Association.
Board of Directors (elections and procedures)
Friends of Reston
Design Review Board